Valentine is one of the playable characters in Skullgirls.
Valentine is the only survivor of the Last Hope, a group of special Anti-Skullgirl Lab operatives. Before meeting their end at the hands of the Skullgirl, the Last Hope worked for the mysterious Lab Zero and performed duties ranging from reconnaissance and sabotage to advanced research.
Now Valentine dutifully serves the Skullgirl, carrying out her will from the shadows. She keeps to herself, so much of her true nature and personality are unknown.
After defeating the Skullgirl, Valentine takes possession of the Skull Heart. She thinks about wishing her friends from Last Hope back, but then decides on something else. Since Painwheel despises her so much, Valentine becomes the new Skullgirl so that Painwheel could kill two birds with one stone. Painwheel arrives to find Valentine gone, so she removes her mask and takes her old bonesaw and looks up at the sky.
DLC Color PalettesEdit
- Sheena Fujibayashi : Tales Of Symphonia
- Christmas : Leader of Last Hope
- Patty : Member of Last Hope
- Easter : Member of Last Hope
- Halloween : Member of Last Hope
- 2 Original Color Design
According to the offical Skullgirls website Valentine keeps to herself, so much of her true nature and personality are unknown but from what can be picked up from in the game is that Valentine can be rather cold, brutal and deadly if or when she needs to be.
In her ending she was planning on using the Skull Heart to revive her deceased friends however Valentine remembered Painwheel's current condition and used the Skull Heart to become the next Skullgirl so that Painwheel could get revenge against her for all the wrong she's done to her.
In Valentine's story, she intends to put an end to The Trinity plans of destroying the world. This shows an act of heroism in Valentine. Valentine's reasons for wanting to become the next Skullgirl shows that she is remorseful for the terrible things she did to Painwheel, wanting to atone for all the things she's done to her. Over the course of the story Valentine is shown to have a lighter side. All the horrible things she had done was for reason. Her original wish also shows loyalty to her deceased friends.
Move List Edit
LP: Valentine will poke her oppenent. Tap LP three times for three pokes.
cr.LP: Valentine takes out her knee hitter and attacks her oppenent with it.
j.LP: Valentine takes out her stethoscope and attacks with it.
s. MP: Valentine slices with her bonesaw. Hit MP again for more slice hits.
c. MP: Slashes her opponent vertically.
j. MP: Valentine spins her bonesaw like a copter attacking her opponent.
s. HP: Slashes her opponent horizantlly.
c. HP: Valentine uppercuts her opponent to the air which can lead to an air combo.
j. HP: Valentine slashes her opponent vertically in the air.
s. LK: Valentine stomps on her opponent's foot.
c. LK: Low kicks her opponent. Hit c. LK again for her dead cross spin attack.
j. LK: Valentine uses her crosses on her legs for spinning to attack her opponent.
s. MK: Valentine back kicks her opponent. Hit MK again for cross spin attack.
c. MK: Valentine takes out her sicssors from her leg on her opponent's shin.
j. MK: Valentine straight kicks her opponent. Hit j. MK again for another air kick.
s. HK: Valentine takes out her IV pole and impales her opponent with it like a naginata. Hit HK three times for three hits.
c. HK: Valentine takes out her knife and trips her opponent with it.
j. HK: Opens her bag using a dead body for attacking.
Dead Cross (QCF + P)
Valentine throws her tiny cross like a shuriken across the screen. Can also be used in air. Trajectory of projectile changes with punch strength. Shuriken replaced by poison syringe once if used after Vial Hazard.
Vial Hazard (QCB + P)
Loads a poison which deals various effects based on punch button used. LP deals damage over time, to a maximum of 10% of the opponents health. However, it will not damage an opponent with 10% health or less remaining. MP increases hitstun, while HP creates input lag.
Savage Bypass (QCF + K)
Valentine dashes toward her opponent for a slice. Can also be used in air. Distance and damage varies with kick button used.
No Pressure (QCB + K)
Valentine grabs her opponent, disappears, and reappears with a tank of knock out gas, causing them to become suspectable to attacks for a short time. Excellent for begining combos.
Mortuary Drop (QCB + LK+LP)
Valentine takes out her bag and grabs her opponent with it, thus incasing them in it. Once in air, she'll grab back onto it and pull it back to the ground.
Checkmate Incision (QCF + PP) [Level 1]
Valentine throws her scalpels at her opponent across the screen. Can also be used in air.
EKG Flatliner (QCF + KK) [Level 1]
Valentine dashes through her opponent multiple times across the screen back and fourth until the final dash attack. Can also be used in air.
Accquisitive Prescription / Countervenom (DPB + KK) [Level 2]
Valentine performs a different stance, waiting for the opponent to hit her so she can perform a counterattack. Freezes opponent if no poison is loaded. Becomes Countervenom if poison is loaded, whereas she sends her opponent flying by stabbing them fiercely with the poisoned needle.
Dead on Arrival (QCB + PP) [Level 3]
Valentine takes out her bag like Mortuary Drop and if she successfully grabs the opponent, she'll drop her opponent along with curtains and it's shown Valentine will cut her opponent and screen turns red until the Blockbuster is over.
Forbidden Procedure: Rebirth Ex Machina (QCB + MP+MK or QCB + HP+HK) [Level 5]
Revives fallen teammate with 30% health if used over KO'ed body.
c.lp c.mp c.hp j.mp(5 hits) j.hk (2hits) airdash j.mp(5hits) j.hk (2 hits)
You have to start the section after the airdash as fast as possible, or the game will call it an infinite.
- She is voiced by Laura Post, known for voicing Bosbos in Red Line.
- Her name is also the name of Saint Valentine, whom she shares various references to, such as being very mysterious and not much is known about each of them.
- Her Birthday is December 25, the same as Florence Nightingale.
- Valentine seems to be a hybrid of a 1960's-era nurse and a Japanese ninja.
- Valentine has a large scar on her right eye that's in the shape of an X(or a possible + sign similar to the shape of her iris).
- The pupil of Valentine's left eye seems to be in the shape of a cross.
- Her 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th color palettes are the same as the other members of The Last Hope.
- Valentine's theme is "Paved With Good Intentions" which is the theme for the Anti-Skullgirls lab stage. Her theme seems to be shared with her personality.
- Some of the weapons she uses also come from her fallen comrades of Last Hope:
- Scaples from Christmas
- IV Pole from Patty
- Bodybag from Easter
- Vials and Syringes from Halloween
- One of Valentine's dislikes is back pain. Her dislikes of back pain could stem from her own back pains as she has a rather large bust.
- While often featured as a villain, Alex Ahad states that Black Dhalia will be the first "unambiguosly evil" character, making Valentine more of an anti-hero than villain.
- Valentine's ninth color palette is a reference to the nurses in Silent Hill: Homecoming, and the movies of Silent Hill.