|Age||TBA (Physically looks around 7-10 years old)|
Umbrella (JP: アンブレラ) is a possible upcoming DLC character for Skullgirls. As such, the story below and any other info may be outdated information that may not be carried on into the actual game.
Umbrella is the younger of the two Canopy princesses. She is somewhat of a carefree, albeit spoiled child. Her older sister is Parasoul. Their mother was the Skullgirl seven years ago. Following a strange dream that had been haunting her lately, Umbrella goes out to find the Skullgirl. She seems to have some mysterious connection to the being. She is compelled to meet it and has the uncanny ability to pinpoint its location. This ability has unfortunately warranted all sorts of unwanted attention from those who are also seeking the Skullgirl. Umbrella is not very skilled in fighting, but she has a lot of spunk, a gigantic umbrella weapon, and an unusually high magic potential.
One strange detail about Umbrella is that some say she bears a resemblance to Peacock. Marie said "she reminds me of an old friend" in Parasoul's story. It is possible that she may have been refering to someone else, but Peacock is the only one who has been shown to have a history with Marie.
It is also possible that Marie was saying that Umbrella reminded her of Peacock before she got brutally mutilated. But since we have no pictures of Peacock before she was mutilated, we aren't able to compare.
Umbrella’s living weapon, Hungern, has an insatiable appetite. Choose between using Hungern to end special moves for extra advantages throughout the match, or let his hunger build up for more damage later.
Hungern takes on the shapes of various nightmarish mouths as it tries to consume the enemy, ranging from horse heads to anemones. Expect lots of teeth! Some of its attacks may have a bit of a Takashi Murakami vibe to them.
- Holy Order Sol (Guilty Gear: Accent Core)
- Wario’s fart (Super Smash Brothers Brawl)
- Roll (Marvel vs Capcom / Tatsunoko vs. Capcom)
- May (Guilty Gear series)
- Shuma-Gorath (Marvel Super Heroes)
- Umbrella will be the youngest playable character in Skullgirls.
- Due to Umbrella's mysterious connection to the Skull Heart, and the Trinity's desire for her to become the Skullgirl. Umbrella may be the only one to completely destroy the Skull Heart.
- Umbrella bears a slight resemblance to Yachiru Kusajishi, a character from the anime/manga series Bleach.
- Umbrella was the first possible DLC character to be revealed in the Indiegogo campaign, at $20,000.
- Umbrella was initially supposed to be a part of the launch cast alongside Squigly, but was moved to be a first-round DLC character because the team needed villains for the story.
- During the IndieGoGo campaign, the art team consistently drew a very disgruntled Umbrella in pictures about DLC. This a reference to the fact she was snubbed as a first-round DLC character by Big Band.