Very little is known about The Black Egrets history. However, it is most likely they were around during the time Parasoul and Umbrella's mother became part of the Skullgirl. It is unknown when the group was created but they could have been protecting the family for generations.
- Main article: The Black Egrets/Gallery
- The uniforms the Black Egrets wear seem to be based on the uniforms worn by various WWII German armed forces, including the Wehrmacht, the Fallschirmjager, the Gestapo, the SS Waffen, and the Sturmabteilung.
- The weapons the Black Egrets use are also the weapons that Germany used in WWII, such as the Maschinenpistole 40, Sturmgewehr 44, and the Maschinengewehr 42. They can be seen during Parasoul's Blockbuster "Inferno Brigade". The two Egrets behind Parasoul use the Maschinenpistole 40, the one in the middle, and during some of Parasoul's story mode cutscenes, use the Sturmgewher 44, and the last Egret holds the Maschinengewehr 42 from his hip.
- The Black Egret's flag is based on the flag of Nazi Germany, but with an umbrella replacing the swastika.
- Although sharing all these qualities with the Nazi regime the Egrets have the exact opposite belief system. Alex Ahad has stated that the Egrets are open to people "from any and all walks of life."
- The Black Egrets have different divisions and hence variants on the uniform. Pictures of officers with trench coats and military caps exist in concept art.
- When one of the Egrets guards Parasoul, he'll say "Well Excuse me, Princess" which is a direct reference to the Legend of Zelda 1989 cartoon series.
- Black egrets (also known as black herons) are birds that hunt by cupping their wings into makeshift umbrellas, a method called "canopy feeding".