|Weight||94 lbs. / Varies|
|Likes||Cartoons, TV Show “Annie: Girl of the Stars,” Movies, Violence, Junk food, Fast Cars, Explosives, Cigars, Being in charge|
|Dislikes||Weaklings, Bureaucracy, Authority figures, People, The Skull Heart, Nerds, Salad, Chopsticks|
Peacock is one of the playable characters in Skullgirls.
Once a war orphan slave named Patricia, Peacock’s body was gruesomely mutilated by slave traders that captured her. She was rescued by Dr. Avian’s Anti-Skullgirls Labs, and rebuilt with a reality-defying arsenal of biomechanical weaponry: the Argus System augmented her body, and the Avery Unit gave her access to unprecedented weaponry.
Alas, they couldn’t do anything for her mind: Peacock’s damaged psyche and abiding love of cartoons shaped her new “toys” into a terrifying gang of cronies, who she has no qualms using to paint the town red… with blood. Terrifying as she is, she may be the kingdom’s best bet against the Skullgirl.
After defeating the Skullgirl, which turns out to be her best friend Marie, Peacock destroys the Skull Heart. She and Marie have a friendly conversation before Marie disappears from the world and vows to take revenge on the people who made both their lives miserable.
She was seen confronting the true head of the Medici family and his own secret weapon (Black Dahlia) and the two duke it out.
Peacock's personality is tied with the cartoons that she loves. Peacock incorporates much of her fighting style and actions to match the violence which from cartoons. Despite this she still retains a certain sense of morality, as she explains that if Marie possesed the Skull Heart any longer, she will become just as bad as the criminals that she kills. Peacock notably has a very strong bond with Dr. Avian and of course her old friend Marie.
Peacock is a zoning character. A lot of her moves push her opponents back. She uses classic cartoon violence and pop-culture references to fight, from throwing pies in her enemies' faces to pulling out Cloud Strife's Buster Sword.
DLC Color PalettesEdit
- Cable (MVC2)
- Grinch (Green Hair and Skin, Yellow Eyes, Red Dress And Hat.)
- Super Milk Chan
- Thing 1 and Thing 2 (The Cat in the Hat)
- Purple Hat and Dress, Blue eyes, Dark Sepia Hair
- Hsien ko
- Original Color Design.
s.LP (Poke!) (Chains twice)Edit
Peacock performs a standard poke.
c.LP (Stuff n' Puff) (Chains Twice)Edit
Peacock pokes the opponent with a lit cigar for the first hit, then takes a drag and exhales a cloud of smoke for the second.
j.LP (Hammer for the Worms)Edit
Peacock produces a large mallet and swings in a forward arc, afterwards stuffing it into her eye socket.
s.MP (Pie Splat)Edit
Peacock hits her opponent with a pie.
c.MP (The Eyes of Tomorrow)Edit
The eyes on Peacock's arms become daggers and she stabs them forwards.
j.MP (The Bear Trap of Sevelle)Edit
Peacock spits out her metal jaws for a bite attack.
s.HP (Screwball Cannonball) (Hits x2) (Second hit Projectile)Edit
Peacock produces and brandishes a cannon for the first hit, then fires a cannonball across the screen for the second.
c.HP (Red Hot Buckshot)Edit
Peacock pleasantly tips her hat, revealing Avery underneath with a shotgun. Avery immediately fires the shotgun at the ground in front of peacock.
j.HP (Robo with a Shotgun)Edit
Peacock fires a large shotgun directly in front of her with great priority. This move interrupts all momentum and sends Peacock flying backwards a short distance.
s.LK (Pop Eye)Edit
Peacock shoves her foot into the back of one of the eyes on her arms, causing it to bulge outwards.
c.LK (Curb Your Shoe)Edit
Avery appears from under Peacock's hat and kicks forward with Kuribo's Shoe.
j.LK (How to Handle a Chainsaw (Hits 3x)Edit
Peacock produces a rather large chainsaw and holds it at a downward angle, hitting up to three times.
s.MK (Springboard Panic) (Launcher)Edit
Peacock stomps the floor, causing a loose board (with a gloved fist attached) to pop up in front of her, launching the opponent.
c.MK (Ant Wasted)Edit
Peacock fries an ant with a magnifying glass, sending a laser out across the floor for a short distance. If the move is interrupted or canceled in time, the ant may be spared.
j.MK (Nice Booby Trap) (Projectile)Edit
Peacock pulls her hat down over her head and shoves her face through a portable hole. Her face appears at a variable distance from the floor in front of her, striking middle. This move will interrupt momentum and cause a small float effect during the animation. Peacock's face will always appear below her opponent, up to a surprising maximum distance.
s.HK (Kick the Football, Peacock!)Edit
Peacock spectacularly fails to kick a football as teed up by Avery, falling flat on her back and kicking whatever is in the path of her foot.
c.HK (Banjo Trouble) (Sweep)Edit
Peacock slides forward on her knees, feeling, if not quite pulling off, a wicked Banjo solo.
j.HK (Buzzin' Buzzard) (Hits 3x) (Projectile)Edit
Peacock boots Avery out of her hat. Avery flies upward a short distance, then back down wildly swinging a knife the entire time. If an opponent is hit on Avery's way up, the opponent's momentum will be interrupted and they will be pushed upwards.
Shadow of Impending Doom (QCB + P)
Drops an item atop the opponent. Holding P increases item damage in three stages. LP drops item directly in front of Peacock, MP drops item on the far end of the stage and HP tracks opponent.
Bang! (QCF + LP) (Hit Invincible)Edit
Peacock fires a trick revolver with a flag. The active frames are invincible to hits.
BANG! (QCF + MP) (Throw Invincible)
Peacock fires a gun that stabs forward with a random blade object. This move is invincible to throws.
BANG! BANG! BANG! (QCF + HP) (Chains 3x)
Peacock fires a revolver that sends a projectile across the screen. Players can press HP up to three times with variable timing during this move, producing a projectile each time.
George's Day Out (QCF + LK)
Peacock tosses a George bomb that waddles across the screen at slow speed.
Boxcar George (QCF + MK)
Peacock points at her opponent as a George bomb in a tiny car comes from behind her and races across the screen at medium speed.
George at the Air Show (QCF + HK)
Peacock engages in Semaphore as a George bomb in a tiny airplane flies in from the top of the screen behind her. The plane flies in a downward arc, crashing to the ground just before the opposite edge of the screen.
The Hole Idea (QCB + K)
Peacock falls down into a portable hole, popping back up in a location dependent on the K button used. LK teleports Peacock a short distance forward. MK teleports her directly in front of the opponent, and HK teleports directly behind the opponent.
Fire in the Hole! (QCB + K ~ P)
If a punch button is held during The Hole Idea, Peacock will fall into the portable hole and then pop right back up where she was standing. Meanwhile, a george bomb pops up directly underneath her opponent and explodes.
Argus Agony (QCF + PP) [Level 1]Edit
A robotic peacock head comes out of Peacock's hat and fires a continuous laser directly fowards. When the laser move is complete, several "tailfeathers" made of eyes extend from Peacock's back and fire short laser blasts continuously, pushing the opponent to full screen distance.
Lonesome Lenny (QCF + KK) [Level 1]Edit
Peacock produces an enormous Lenny bomb, which sits around scratching its head and looking confused. After a period of time or enough damage, the bomb detonates and damages anyone caught in the blast. This move has high chip damage on block.
Goodfellas (LP+LK, QCB + PP) [Level 3]Edit
Peacock does her standard grab but calls in her cronies to help stomp her bagged opponent to a pulp. After they leave, Peacock lights and enjoys a cigar while a George bomb continues to beat the opponent with a baseball bat. After walking away for a short distance and taking a drag from the cigar, she casually flicks it over her shoulder and onto the George bomb, causing a massive detonation.
- She is voiced by Sarah Williams, who is known for voicing Sayaka Miki from Madoka Magica.
- Her name is also the name of a bird, the Peacock, in which the males are known for their colorful tail plumes.
- During one of her special attacks, the "eyes" on Peacock's arms form to resemble the namesake bird's feathers.
- Despite being female and that a female peacock has no colorful plumes, Peacock still adorns the suggestive plumes of a male peacock.
- Peacock's design, moveset, and personality all reference 1920's-1950's-era cartoons.
- The name of the Avery Unit probably references Tex Avery , on that regard.
- Peacock uses four separate quotes from Bugs Bunny: "What a maroon!" "Of course, you know, this means war!" "Ain't I a stinka?" and "This ain't Albequerque!".
- She also quotes Animaniacs, saying "Helloooooooo nurse!" before she fights Valentine.
- She also references Jessica Rabbit by saying "You're not bad, you're just drawn badly" when defeating Parasoul.
- One of Peacock's color palettes resembles the character Cirno from the Touhou Project series.
- The 4th color palette resembles Aigis from Persona 3.
- Her 3rd color palette is a reference to Alucard from the popular vampire action anime Hellsing.
- Her special move, BANG!, will show and hit the opponent with 1 of 5 randomly generated weapons other than her own blade: both Sol-Badguy's weapons, Fuuenken and upgraded Fuuenken (Guilty Gear series), Cloud Strife's Buster Blade and Squall Leonheart's gunblade, Revolver (Final Fantasy VII and VIII, respectively) and BX-02 Blodia's arm (Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness)
- Before firing her revolver, Peacock yells "Garbage Day!!!": a quote from the cult slasher film Silent Night, Deadly Night 2.
- Peacock's cartoon revolver bears resmblance to the Smith & Wesson Model 29, a .44 Magnum revolver made famous by Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry.
- One of her attacks causes her to take out a banjo and horribly play it while sliding to the opponent, similar to Devil May Cry character Dante's Jam Session attack.
- Peacock's theme, "Paved With Good Intentions," is also used in the Anti-Skullgirls lab stage, and shared with Valentine.
- As one of the Indiegogo campaign rewards, people who bought the title of Advocate for $200 could have one of the voice actors for Skullgirls record a voicemail. The tumblr user "zferolie" had Sarah Williams sing "Yakko's World" from Animaniacs. Later zferolie posted the audio clip on tumblr for all to hear, and then offered others the chance to put it to music if they could mix it properly. Now several variations of the song can be found on youtube. One member of Lab Zero's staff, Vincent Diamante, even mixed the audio of the recording to music himself resulting in a pseudo 'official' Lab Zero version of the song.
- Judging by her appearance when Peacock was gruesomely mutilated, before the events of Skullgirls, it appears that she's had her arms and legs cut off, her eyes gouged out and teeth removed.
- In her ending, she can be seen holding a peice of cloth that looks exactly like Cerebella's hat, Vice-Versa. Hinting that she fought Cerebella and won on her way to Lorenzo.
- The name of the "Argus System" is a reference to Argos, a giant in Greek mythology best known for having more eyes than your bog-standard giant (as many as 100 depending on which version you read).
- According to the myth, the Greek goddess Hera mounted the eyes of Argus onto the Peacock's tail when Argus died.