|Likes||Logic, Wine, Chess, Fencing, Training, Tennis, Diplomacy, Philosophy, Black Egret troops, Secretly watching 'Annie: Girl of the Stars,' Her sister Umbrella|
|Dislikes||Overly emotional people, Relying on others, Those who speak ill of her family, Injustice, The Medici Mafia, The Skullgirl, Her sister’s antics|
Parasoul is one of the playable characters in Skullgirls.
Few know the terrors of the Skullgirl as intimately as Parasoul does: seven years ago her own mother became the Skullgirl that nearly destroyed the world. This tragic past has made her fiercely protective of both her country and her family, and these two priorities frequently come into conflict.
Parasoul is now the crown princess of the Canopy Kingdom and leader of its elite military squad, the Black Egrets. Wielding the living umbrella, Krieg, she fights with grace, poise and cunning to defend her family honor and destroy the Skull Heart so no one can repeat her mother’s terrible mistake.
After defeating the Skullgirl, to save her sister, Parasoul ultimately chooses to eventually become the next Skullgirl. In preparation for this eventuality, she orders the soldiers that she will personally train her sister Umbrella, in order for her to be able to combat what Parasoul is destined to become. They were last seen in a fencing lesson.
Parasoul is a firm and diligent leader who vows to protect the kingdom with the Black Egrets by her side. Underneath her serious personality is a noble leader who is thinking about what is best for her kingdom and her family. She attacks with grace, poise, and cunning to defeat her opponents and complete her missions. Although she maintains a solemn demeanor, she tends to be furious whenever someone puts her loved ones in danger. For example, when Double and Valentine kidnapped Umbrella after realizing she has a unique bond with the Skullgirl, she was very determined to get her back.
When seeing the pain or hurt of others Parasoul shows sorrow toward those who are suffering. This is evident during her quotes against Painwheel. If she is picked against Painwheel she will notice her horrible disfigured body saying to her "You poor girl....I never authorized this!". When she defeats Painwheel in battle she will either apoloigze to her or states that "No one deserves this..." showing that Parasoul is a very caring leader.
- Movement: Parasoul's walking animation is different from most, she takes long strides in between steps making her speed a little inconsistent, the first part is faster since she takes a big step and it allows her to preform tick grabs easier than most. Her dash however is very fast and covers a good amount of distance in a short manner of time since it's one leap forward or backward, making dashes to grabs rather easy as well.
- Double Links: Several of Parasoul's normals can be canceled into themselves allowing her to perform two consecutive attacks, where most characters can only perform a single, before continuing a chain.
- Tears: Once set will automatically detonate after 150F. The can not be influenced by an opponent's attack, however if you are hit or thrown (including teching) they will vanish, blocking will not cause this. Detonation of Tears have a 10F startup, they have a large hit range and hit stun. Only 3 Tears are allowed at once, any more after that will make the initial Tears disappear in their order of being placed.
- Pyro: Several of Parasoul's Normal and Special moves have an ignition effect that will cause Napalm Tears to explode on impact.
- Aesthetics: Parasoul's palettes can include; glasses, stripped clothing, knee high socks, long boots, sash (left arm), stockings, fingerless gloves, colors of sleeves can be different from the rest of her blouse, color of skirt can be different from her blouse.
DLC Color PalettesEdit
- Olivia Armstrong (Full Metal Alchemist)
- Kneesocks (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)
- Luka Megurine (Vocaloid)
- Kula Diamond (King of Fighters)
- Original Color Designs
LPA quick stab with her umbrella.
- LP - A second stab.
cr. LPTaps the opponent with the tip of her umbrella.
j. LPTaps quickly with her umbrella.
MPSteps with her back foot and smacks the opponent with the side of her umbrella. Pyro.
cr. MPThrusts her umbrella about 3 times very quickly. Whiffs at close range. Pyro.
j. MPSwings upward with her umbrella. Pyro.
HPA vertical slash with her umbrella. Pyro.
- HP - A second slash. Pyro.
cr. HPRises while doing a arched swing over her head. Launcher. Jump Cancelable. Pyro.
j. HPSlashes straight down with her umbrella. Knockdown. Pyro.
LKA swift but brief low kick.
- LK - A repeated kick.
cr. LKA small kick with the end of her foot.
j. LKKicks forward.
MKA strong knee to the mid-section.
- MK - Extends her leg out to preform a kick.
cr. MKSits on the ground and extends her leg out.
j. MKFlips forward and opens her umbrella as she kicks. Can be held to float gently toward the ground.
HKSteps forward and kicks with her back foot at a upward angle. Knockback. Wall bounces in the corner.
cr. HKStabs her umbrella into the ground and swings around it while sweeping with both feet. Knockdown.
j. HKJumps on her umbrella and releases several flaming stabs beneath her. Since it elevates her a bit it can be used to extend her jump.
Pistol whips the opponent with her Luger while hitting overhead. Overhead.
Crosses her legs and slashes with her umbrella at a downward angle, hitting at the opponents feet. Pyro.
Lunges her umbrella forward for a fierce stab.
Does an axe kick. Overhead. Launcher.
Stabs behind herself with the umbrella as it turns into a drill. Hits 3x. Vacuum. Pyro.
Preforms a downward stomp, if you connect with your opponent it will actually bounce you back up.
Napalm Toss (QCB+K)
Tosses a Tear that will stick in place (no hitbox). Air OK. Launch in a variety of ways depending on the button pressed (Note: pressing and holding the button yields different positions):
- LK - Flings a low arched Tear that will stick to the floor.
- MK - Flings an arched Tear at about Launcher height.
- HK - Flings a long range (about 3/4 of the screen) arched Tear.
Napalm Shot (B [hold], F + P)
Shoots a Tear across the screen that will hit as it travels, upon contact with anything it will place a Tear at that point. Can shoot horizontally or diagonally. Pyro.
- LP - Average speed full screen shot. Lingers with explosive after intial impact.
- MP - Shoots below and infront of self before richocheting up at a 45 degree angle. Anti air shot.
- HP - Faster speed full screen shot. Lingers with explosive after intial impact.
Egret Call (B [hold], F + K)
Summons a subordinate that will do various things depending on the button pressed:
- LK - An officer appears and distracts Parasoul. This is actually a unique cancel that actually returns you to a neutral state, allowing for interesting attack chains and even cutting your recovery and allowing safe blocking.
- MK - An officer jumps in front of Parasoul, defending her from any projectile attack. Immediately ends if hit with a physical attack.
- HK - An officer rides in on a motorcycle and attempts to grab the opponent and drag them across the screen.
Napalm Trigger/Quake/Pillar (D [hold], U + K)
Stabs her umbrella into the ground and causes a shockwave, the strength and properties vary depending on the button pressed:
- LK (Napalm Trigger) - Causes a small shake, will detonate the 1st Tear set, regardless of position. Pyro.
- MK (Napalm Quake) - Causes a bigger quake and will knock down the opponent, causes all 3 Tears to detonate, regardless of position. Pyro.
- HK (Napalm Pillar) - Causes a large eruption with a big vertical hitbox. Start up invincibility. Launcher.
Silent Scope (QCF+PP) [Level 1]
A projectile attack where Parasoul will call in a sniper from off screen, consumes 1 bar of Super Meter. This attack tracks the opponent anywhere on screen and will even cause knockdown on a grounded opponent. If traded with another attack you actually have enough time to continue a combo or call in a second shot since the opponent is forced to go through the knockdown animation.
Motor Brigade (QCF+KK) [Level 1]
Several subordinates ride across the screen on motorcycles, rushing the opponent, consumes 1 bar of Super Meter. Note they can be knocked off screen by enemy attacks.
Inferno Brigade (QCB+PP) [Level 3]
Several subordinates will gather behind Parasoul and begin firing bullets through her umbrella which shoots off numerous Tears, consumes 3 bars of Super Meter. This attack doesn't do much damage but is unaffected by damage scaling as each bullet does 1 point of damage each, for a total of 64 points of guaranteed damage.
Mid-screenMP > cr.HP > j.MP > j.HP > j.HK > LK • LK > MK • MK > cr.HP > j.LK > j.D+MK > j.HP
CornerLK • LK > MK • MK > HK > cr.MK > cr.HP > j.MP > j.HP
- In a special palette, Parasoul looks like Kneesocks, one of the two antagonists from the anime "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt". She dons her trade mark kneesocks, red skin, beige school uniform, and glasses.
- Parasoul also has a striking resemblence to Mitsuru Kirijo from the Persona series, even more so when you apply the palette where she wears a white blouse, black skirt and black stockings. In addition, her napalm attacks are now colored blue, which might reference to the fact that Mitsuru Kirijo is known for her ice attacks.
- Parasoul's napalm attacks are named after a thickening agent often mixed with petroleum or similar fuels to make incendiary bombs, like the ones used during the Vietnam War.
- In another palette, she resembles Mireille Bouquet from the anime Noir, whose fringe is partially missing on the right side.
- She is voiced by Erin Fitzgerald, known for voicing Chie Satonaka in Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4: Golden and Persona 4: The Animation, and Nazz and May Kanker in Ed, Edd n Eddy.
- Her name is a portmanteau of Parasol and Soul. Also it could be a reference to the fact that her umbrella, Krieg, is a living being, which might mean that it has a soul.
- Parasoul is one of the few characters who are sad about Painwheel's form. Upon getting ready to fight her, she will say "You poor girl. I never authorized this." Upon K.O.ing Painwheel she will say "I'm sorry" or "No one deserves this."
- The pistol Parasoul uses is a Luger P08, a German 9mm semi-automatic pistol used during both World Wars, and a replacement for the earlier Mauser C96.
- Krieg, the name of Parasoul's living umbrella, is the German word for "war".
- The inverted cross Parasoul wears, while incorrectly associated with Satanic groups, is actually a symbol of humility. It is also the symbol of Christian martyr St. Peter.
- When Parasoul performs Egret Call LK and one the Egrets distract her, she'll say "Not now!" while the Egret will say the sentence "Well excuse me, Princess!" which is Link's catch phrase in The Legend of Zelda television series
- Parasoul's theme is "Dirge of the Divine Trinity" which is the theme for the Gand Cathedral stage. Her theme is shared with Double although a different verse is played.
- A few of Parasoul's soldiers receive new voices, as of her three new color palettes.