|Blood Type||All / None|
Double is one of the playable characters in Skullgirls.
Though her origins are vague, Double is devoutly loyal to The Trinity, using her shape-shifting powers to support The Trinity's ominous agenda. As such, she is an ally of the Skullgirl. Double is capable of transforming her nightmarish form into that of any person, but she often takes on the appearance of a smiling nun. Double can frequently be found in the Grand Cathedral of the Divine Trinity, listening to confessions and tending to the catacombs beneath.
Double attended Squigly's mother's birthday, giving her the Skull Heart under a disguise. She then notified the Medici Mafia that Squigly's family, the Continellos, possessed the dangerous artifact. Undoing decades of accumulated good-will in an instant, the Medicis gunned down the entirety of the Continello family.
Much later, a new Skullgirl arises for Double to look after. However, this Skullgirl fights against the influencing power of the Skull Heart, forcing Double's hand into finding a suitable replacement. Double's search leads her across much of the Canopy Kingdom, and acquires many candidates before she finally confronts the Skullgirl. After a lengthy battle the old Skullgirl is defeated, and a new one can (or must) take her place.
After defeating the Skullgirl, Double gruesomely absorbs the seven candidates she collected. The eighth unseen candidate is deemed worthy by Double, and presumably becomes the new Skullgirl.
1. Original colors
3. Red Bird (Angry Birds)
4. Original colors
6. Arakune (BlazBlue:Calamity Trigger)
8. Original colors
10. Saya (Saya no Uta)
11. Neopolitan ice cream
12. Mrs. Victoria
17. Envy (FullMetal Alchemist)
18. Ditto (Pokemon)
19. "Double Rainbow" - Indiegogo backer color
LP (Standard Jab)
Double transforms into Filia and does a standard jab that can be chained twice. Based on Filia's Snip Snip move in terms of motion.
cr.LP (Crouching Jab)
Double transforms into Filia and does a quick jab while crouching that can chain twice. Based on Filia's Comb Under move in terms of motion.
j.LP (Clawpy Cat)
Double turns into Ms. Fortune and does Claws for Alarm.
s. MP (Strong Pie)
Double turns into Peacock and attacks with Pie Splat.
c. MP (Elbow Emulator)
Double transforms into Cerebella and uses a weaker Enforcer Elbow.
j. MP (Cheap Haircut)
Double transforms into Filia and performs Buzz Cut.
s. HP (Fugazi Knuckle)
Double transforms into Cerebella and attacks with a slightly weaker Titan Knuckle.
c. HP (Double Drawn Weave)
Double turns into Filia and attacks with a slightly stronger Queue Sting.
j. HP (Violet Tantrum)
Double takes the form of Painwheel and attacks with a slightly stronger Violet Grudge.
s. LK (Substitue Short)
Double transforms into Valentine and performs Shin Splint.
c. LK (Stamp)
Double transforms into Painwheel and attacks with Pierce.
j. LK (Spiral Fraud)
Double transforms into Parasoul and attacks with Spiral Flare. Unlike the original, this attack hits straightforward instead of being backward.
s. MK (Too Forward)
Double turns into Parasoul and performs the first half of the move with the first part of Queen's Gambit. If chained twice, it will turn into Filia and perform Leg Warmer.
c. MK (Cliche)
Double turns into Parasoul and attacks with Beauty.
j. MK (Pateller Repeat)
Double transforms into Valentine and attacks with Pateller Reflex.
s. HK (Copycat's Paw)
Double transforms into Ms. Fortune and attacks with Limber Up.
c. HK (Sweeping Generalization)
Double turns into Valentne and performs Kiri Barai
j. HK (Bogus Buzzard)
Double turns into Peacock and attacks with Buzzin Buzzard.
Double takes the form of a huge, demonic hand with a mouth, grabs the opponent with the "tongue" (which consists of hands), and crushes the opponent before spitting them out.
At first, Double transformed into Ms. Fortune and performed Cat Ceiling, but then it turns into Painwheel and attacks with an aerial Buer Reaper.
Luger Replica (QCF + P)
Double transforms into Parasoul and shoots a bullet from her Luger pistol. Trajectory of projectile varies with punch button used.
Hornet Bomber (DP + K)
Double transforms into Cerebella and throws itself at the opponent backside first with Vice Versa in front of it. Distance and trajectory varies with kick button used.
Cilia Slide (B + LK+HK)
Double turns into Filia and performs a slide that knocks opponents to the other side.
Item Crash (jump, QCB + K)
Double transforms into different objects and falls, intending to damage the opponent on the way down. Attack properties and transformation vary with kick button used.
Bandwagon Rushdown (QCF + PP) [Level 1]
Double transforms into Peacock and jumps into a portal. Moments later, a cartoony-looking car packed with Peacock and her minions drives across the screen, delivering multiple hits to the opponent.
Catellite Lives (QCF + KK) [Level 1]
Double transforms into a headless Ms. Fortune and summons a group of creatures that resemble Ms. Fortune's head. The heads attack the opponent (attacks vary with attack button used), and Double is free to move and perform its regular moves after summoning them.
Nightmare Legion (QCB + PP) [Level 3]
Double relentlessly knocks its opponent around the battlefield with a series of powerful blows, each delivered in a different form. Notably, the attack includes characters not yet on the playable roster, such as Umbrella and Mrs. Victoria.
Megalith Array (QCB + KK) [Level 5]
Double transforms into a massive floating Moai (a statue from Easter Island) and bombards its opponent with all manner of projectiles, including energy rings, walking bombs, and flying jets. Can be used in the air. Each attack button fires a different projectile.
- Double is voiced by Charlotte Ann, with Republican Double (future DLC Voice Pack) being voiced by Kaiji Tang.
- Her future DLC Voice Pack release, Republican Double, is the only slated voice pack that is not to be re-voiced by the same voice actress, instead being voiced by Kaiji Tang. This also makes Double the only Charater to have both Male and Female voices.
- It is known for the full line, that in the game is split into two different random battles: Have you come to give confession? I'll gladly accept your tithe.. in blood.
- Her name is derived from a double or doppelgänger.
- The fact that she takes on the appearance of a nun can be seen as a underlying allusion to actual nuns, who became such to abstain or repent from sins, or to suppress negative desires.
- Parasoul and Valentine commented negatively on Double's true form; Parasoul calls her a demon and a nightmare, while Valentine says she was disgusted of her from the start and how she is just a mess to mop up.
- Double is speculated to have been created by the Trinity as she shares a few physical traits from each member.
- Double's theme is "Dirge of the Divine Trinity" which is the theme for the Grand Cathedral stage. Her theme is shared with Parasoul although a different verse is played.
- Double has gone through the most major redesign of the cast thus far. Initially she was concepted resembling Filia, except Samson's head was where Filia's should be and Filia's was on the back of the skull and appeared very emaciated. She was also concepted as a very non-descript and hunched over humanoid figure. At another point she was a jumble of distorted pieces from other characters wearing a crown.
- Its quite possible that her move Megalith Array pays homage to the same giant Moai heads featured in the Gradius game series.
- Dispite MikeZ stating that Double was female, her gender is still listed as Unknown on official site.