Beowulf (JP: ベオウルフ) retired at the height of his professional wrestling career, defeating the seemingly unstoppable Grendel, as well as his frenzied Gigan mom when she nearly ate the audience after her son’s defeat. Years later Beowulf had become restless, wondering if that was his limit. He announced his plans to fight once again. What he didn’t mention was that it wouldn’t be in the ring, since there’s no telling where his greatest opponent will show up.
Classic pro wrestling, including violence with his favorite folding chair. Dubbed The Hurting, the legendary piece of furniture could supposedly support a Gigan if one could fit on it.
Beowulf can set his chair on the stage for various effects. He can knock opponents into it, do elevated slams off of it, or just stand on it as a platform to alter the height of his ground attacks. It could also be like Captain America’s shield in that he can throw it, but it needs to be recovered to be used again. In addition to standard pro-wrestling moves like dropkicks and powerbombs, souvenirs from past victories may aid him in battle - after all, it’s only illegal if there’s a referee.
- Tizoc (Garou:Mark of the Wolves)
- Rainbow Mika (Street Fighter Alpha 3)
- "Macho Man" Randy Savage (WWE/WCW)
- The Ultimate Warrior (WWE/WCW)
- King (Tekken series)
- El Fuerte (Street Fighter IV)
- Captain America (Marvel comics)
- Not Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4:Arena)
- Beowulf was the twenty second possible DLC character to be revealed in the Indiegogo campaign, at $440,000. He won the final character vote, and was the 5th DLC character confirmed.
- Beowulf is named after the protagonist of the Old English epic poem with the same name, who also kills a troll-like creature called Grendel along with Grendel's mother. Hrunting was the sword of the mythological hero, and is referenced in Skullgirls with the "Hurting", an ordinary (but durable) chair used by Beowulf.
- Beowulf's weight class is the mid-lower end of cruiserweight, the level just below heavyweight. His non-arbitrary wrestling record was 32:0 before retirement, meaning he is currently undefeated.
- He was briefly mentioned in Peacock's story, where Andy Anvil notes that he was coming out of retirement.
- Cerebella is noted as being a huge fan of him. In the official Steam Trading Card artwork of Beowulf, Cerebella is seen eagerly getting his autograph.