Beowulf (JP: ベオウルフ) retired at the height of his professional wrestling career, defeating the seemingly unstoppable Grendel, as well as his frenzied Gigan mom when she nearly ate the audience after her son’s defeat. Years later Beowulf had become restless, wondering if that was his limit. He announced his plans to fight once again. What he didn’t mention was that it wouldn’t be in the ring, since there’s no telling where his greatest opponent will show up.
Classic pro wrestling, including violence with his favorite folding chair. Dubbed The Hurting, the legendary piece of furniture could supposedly support a Gigan if one could fit on it.
Beowulf can set his chair on the stage for various effects. He can knock opponents into it, do elevated slams off of it, or just stand on it as a platform to alter the height of his ground attacks. It could also be like Captain America’s shield in that he can throw it, but it needs to be recovered to be used again. In addition to standard pro-wrestling moves like dropkicks and powerbombs, souvenirs from past victories may aid him in battle - after all, it’s only illegal if there’s a referee.
- Tizoc (Garou:Mark of the Wolves)
- Rainbow Mika (Street Fighter Alpha 3)
- Randy "Macho Man" Savage (WWE)
- The Ultimate Warrior (WCW)
- King (Tekken series)
- El Fuerte (Street Fighter IV)
- Captain America (Marvel comics)
- Not Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4:Arena)
- Beowulf was the twenty second possible DLC character to be revealed in the Indiegogo campaign, at $440,000.
- He was briefly mentioned in Peacock's story, where Andy Anvil notes that he was coming out of retirement.
- Beowulf won the final character vote, and is the 5th DLC character confirmed.
- Cerebella is noted as being a huge fan of his and has a huge crush on him.
- Beowulf is named after the Old English epic poem, where the protagonist, Beowulf, also kills a troll-like creature called Grendel along with Grendel's mother.